THE OPEN is coming!!
In less than a month we will test our fitness! Of course we do this in the box every day, but once a year we keep score on a worldwide whiteboard. The best advance to Regionals and eventually the CrossFit Games, but for most of us, the Open is our Games: a chance to measure our growth, see where we stack up and note what needs improvement. https://games.crossfit.com/video/how-compete-open
This year at CrossFit Batteraof we want EVERYBODY to sign up for the Open or at least take part in the workouts on 5 Saturday's in a row.
The dates we are hosting the Open workouts in our box:
OPEN 17.1 : Saturday the 25th of February between 09:00 - 14:00
OPEN 17.2 : Saturday the 4th of March between 09:00 - 14:00
OPEN 17.3 : Saturday the 11th of March between 09:00 - 14:00
OPEN 17.4 : Saturday the 18th of March between 09:00 - 14:00
OPEN 17.5 : Saturday the 25th of March between 09:00 - 14:00
How to Register and Participate?
• Step 1 (optional) If you want to compete officially on the worldwide whiteboard/leaderboard in the RX, Scaled or Masters devision register via https://games.crossfit.com
• Step 2 Sign up via your MindBody account for Saturday (you can book 2 weeks in advance). You will see an event planned from 08:30 to 14:00 o'clock.
• Step 3 in the box you will find a HEAT LIST on the reception. Box is open at 08:30 for all of you to sign up for the heat list. Depending on the WOD the heat list will be made just hours before, so we cannot reserve spots, first come first serve!! Fill in your name PLUS the name of your Judge. You need to have a judge, if you don't have a judge you cannot participate in the WOD! If you officially signed up online you need to have a judge with certificate 2017: https://oc.crossfit.com/course?id=12
• NO NORMAL WOD's are planned on those Saturdays! So if you just walk in without signing up, there is a BIG chance you have to do Open Gym. Also we will not be doing a group Warmup or Skill, but we will give tips and tricks how to prepare and attack the workout.
• If you can't make it work on Saturday you have until Monday to do the Open WOD. We will make the FNCTNL space available NOT THE OPEN GYM area, make sure you have a certified judge.
The best way to prevent panic on Feb. 25th? Prepare now!
For the next 4 weeks, it’s time to add a bit of purpose to your training. It’s time to try an unbroken set. It’s time to pick up the bar 1 second sooner and do 1 more rep before dropping it. It’s time to do more ROMWOD, dial in your diet, drink less alcohol and sleep more.
One of the worst feelings in CrossFit comes when a competition workout is announced and you can’t do a movement you’ve been avoiding. But what if you spent the next 4 weeks practicing things you struggle with? What if you pushed yourself 2% out of your comfort zone in your next WOD? You can still expect a few nerves. That’s a natural part of competition. But you won’t be panicked. Prepare NOW!